Reply to post: Re: Copyright Infringement

High Court: You've made our SH*T list – corked pirate torrent sites double in a day

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Copyright Infringement

I'm a massive hypocrite for saying this given the catalog of soon to be released movies on my PC BUT

The argument is that if you had no intention of paying for them then you shouldn't be watching them.

Its like saying that its OK to bypass your water meter, because water is free and you don't intend on paying for it... regardless of the cost to SOMEONE to get that water to you, fair enough if you want to dunk your head in a river drink up, fill your boots but if you want good quality treated clean water delivered to your door, you should be prepared to pay for the infrastructure that provides that.

I can almost hear the argument "Well they make enough money without me paying for it" if everyone had the same attitude then "they" wouldn't make as much and quality would go down the pan. Fact is we should pay a fair price for content, which of course leads to an argument about a fair price, fact is producers of content can set the prices, Supply and demand, the price is set to what the audience will pay.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon