Reply to post: Re: Does this include ...

Stop selling spyware to despotic regimes, beg MEPs

Hans 1
Boffin

Re: Does this include ...

>(Yes I know the European parliament is elected, but the commision actually holds power and they aren't, and it most consists of politician that have finally proved too much of an embarrassment to their party at home and have be exiled as a way of getting rid of them.

BS!

###Source: Wikipedia

What is the EU commission, how is it formed:

The Commission operates as a cabinet government, with 28 members of the Commission (informally known as "commissioners"). There is one member per member state, though members are bound to represent the interests of the EU as a whole rather than their home state. One of the 28 is the Commission President (currently Jean-Claude Juncker) proposed by the European Council and elected by the European Parliament. The Council then appoints the other 27 members of the Commission in agreement with the nominated President, and then the 28 members as a single body are subject to a vote of approval by the European Parliament.

European Council (the body that "elects the commission"):

The European Council is the institution of the European Union (EU) that comprises the heads of state or government of the member states, along with the council's own president and the president of the Commission.

###

So, the members of the commission are elected by the council, which itself is comprised of elected officials of the member states. Much like the senate in France, where members are elected by other elected officials.

You should stop listening to Nigel Farage, that guy is a cretin! I know they have "we are not racist" on their website, but when you listen to what they have to say, the way they say it and their proposed "solutions" tick all boxes for xenophobia on my books.

As for the article ... it is obvious that the threat was made by the 5 eyes axis.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon