Reply to post: A Request for Windows 8.1

Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows

wolfetone Silver badge

A Request for Windows 8.1

Fantastic article, and I know this isn't a request forum, but Christ knows this is starting to piss me right off.

<rant>

I've an Asus Transformerbook T100, and I like it. I use it to play Football Manager, and to compose emails and create/read Word Documents that can be easily read or viewed by my clients when I'm out and about and my main laptop isn't practical. I use Office 365 to bridge the emails across this laptop and my Linux laptop/desktop.

There is absolutely no way (as far as I can see) to link your Office 365 account to your user account on Windows 8.1. I can add the exchange email account to the laptop and it will sync my contact, emails and calendar. But it just won't integrate properly with OneDrive - even though Windows 8.1 has a OneDrive app.

So, Microsoft or people who can lean on people at Microsoft. Maybe not for Windows 8.1, but definitely for Windows 10/9.x.in.disguise, make it possible to integrate Office 365 with your operating system. I can't be the only one to have this gripe surely?!?!?

</rant>

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon