Reply to post: Über Niemand in der Welt

'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'

stringyfloppy

Über Niemand in der Welt

1. I never thought the whole "off the record" think made any sense. Can you really expect to say anything "off the record?" It's like saying "Just kidding!" at the end of any outrageous statement. And who would say something like this, even as a joke, when people like Ariana Huffington is present? The question to ask Über is "Are all your executives morons?"

2. NYC's Taxi and Limousine Commission may be a bureaucratic shambles (I actually don't really know), but people in NYC KNOW when changes are being considered regarding how the taxi system works, and it gets discussed for a long time in the newspapers, etc. Riders, drivers, and the TLC all seems to get a chance to put their two cents into the discussion. For example, when taxi drivers had to put those stupid-ass TV screens in the back seat. I'm not about to trust some app-developer who's saying I can pay for a ride in one of their cars. I read pretty much the entire Über web site, and I still don't know if the Über cars look like taxis, or are simply the personal cars that their drivers happen to own. I don't know what an Über car is like. I'd like to see some information in their faq about the cars. They didn't think to include that? Screw it, I don't want to ride in an Über car the same as I don't want to ride in a subway driven by an Über subway driver.Transit in NYC may be a crowded carnival ride dreamed up by an insane clown from the past, but it's OUR crowded carnival ride dreamed up by an insane clown from the past. Get out of town, Über no one invited you.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon