Reply to post: Hardware????

Oracle to axe over 450 jobs in Euro support centres – sources

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Hardware????

So, they screw over Suns customers, are really anal about making them pay for copies of Solaris and only covering all iron, shove the support contracts up by a ridiculous amount of money and kill off as many Sun Engineers as they can....and turn all FRU into CRU (i.e. make the SA swap all the components and send it back rather than sending someone out to actually look after their system!).

And they expect to be making money ????

I cant tell you just how many of my customers are moving from Sparc/Solaris to Linux - Ive lost count....

Every place I go, there is projects to move away from Sun/Oracle kit.......no wonder they cant grow the business.....

The layoffs that were done when Oracle bought Sun didnt look at who is most likely to be good to keep in the company - they looked at current job (even when that job would be going) - so kept half the muppets - those doing the same job day in/day out - rather than those who would be helpful and useful to keep around because they knew about Sun and the engineering behind the products.....

Note to Oracle management: STOP TREATING YOUR CUSTOMERS AS CASH COWS AND MORE LIKE CUSTOMERS!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon