Reply to post: Superfast Cymru

Manufacturers slam UK.gov: 'High speed broadband' rollout is too slow

tyne
Flame

Superfast Cymru

I run a busines in one of the largest towns in what is to be honest a very rural area of Mid Wales where superfast broadband is being deliverd by Superfast Cymru, a joint BT / Welsh Government project. There was much fanfare when we where told that fibre would be available in July of this year, then September. The rollout started an they've done all the cabinets that feed the residential estates, but have completley missed out the two cabinets that serve the town centre and have now moved onto small outlying villages (most of them less than 100 homes).

On making enquiries I keep being told that our cabinets are on the rollout plan, but that they cant tell me when the cabinets are to be upgraded, this month, next month, next year, 2017. I dont really care when, but would really like some estimate so that we can make plans for the businesses future development. I dont want to waste money having EFM/LL fitted only to discover a cheaper FTTC product that would suit us just as well is available the next month.

Is it really a hard concept for BT Openreach and their "delivery partners" to understand that people, especially businesses need to plan for the future. Its my belief that Openreach are deliberatley missing cabinets with high numbers of business users to prop up the sales of EFM / Leased Line products from BT Wholesale.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon