Reply to post:

Pixel mania: Apple 27-inch iMac with 5K Retina display

wolfmeister

looks great! but few need 4 or 5k display. I will say though that the 27 imacs generally are bloody superb. Just a great, silent, powerful-enough computer which beats my 4 year old 8 core mac pro on all fronts (power, rendering video using compressor, noise, clutter-free, simple). They are great for video editing or music studios (65 tracks of 'evans stress test' on mine: 3.4ghz 8gb ram).

As for people saying they cost too much, i bought two 27's a month ago, and with a 3 year lloyds business loan for 3k, they cost 90 quid a month over 36 months and are warranteed for that 3 years of course. No brainer!

Microsoft should have seen this business model which they DID get right with xbox.

the other joy with mac is app store; simple, instant & cheap hassle free s/w purchases, not going uptown and bringin back final cut and logic in huge heavy boxes for 800 quid in a wheelbarrow... now those apps are so cheap it's ludicrous.

I groan when i have to go back to windows for certain apps & server access stuff.

btw i can edit 1080 video from an 86 quid usb3 2tb mybook, so don't worry about expensive thunderbolt drives... again, i wince when i look at my 4 year old mac pro with its 1000 quid e-sata raid rack to do the same job. iMac's re just unbeatable value machines!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon