Reply to post: @ Dan Paul Re: Depressing (I agree)

Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST

ElReg!comments!Pierre

@ Dan Paul Re: Depressing (I agree)

The problem is they got exactly what they DIDN'T pay for. If you think you can pay little to nothing (especially for a rocket motor), don't expect to get much in return.

I'm positive you have relevant rocket-related experience to back that up. Or not...

There's a saying popular with people involved in arduous tech matters, I trust you've heard of it: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it"

If you had read the posts in this thread posted by people who have more experience in this matter than both me and (especialy, apparently) you, you woud have noticed that it is even truer in the rocket design department (which should really be obvious for anyone with a brain, if I may).

I'm sorry if it sounds a bit harsh. I am really tired with people who, by pure lack of gorm, equate price tag with quality. It doesn't work that way, it never has. You think saying -or writing- "you get what you pay for" makes you look like a no-bullshit value-for-money person, but it really makes you look liike a complete drooling moron who needs to be milked for all his/her company have. That's pretty much the WORST thing you can tell a vendor for example. It's instantly translated as "I'm utterly out of my depth, please sell me your most expensive shit, and double the price of that". As should be.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon