Reply to post: Re: Depressing

Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST

ElReg!comments!Pierre

Re: Depressing

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

This being, of course, almost always wrong. It's surprising and quite a bit depressing to see how many poor sods cling to that common misconception despite being proven litterally everyday how wrong it is. Yesterday's example on El Reg was the class action about the MacBook, with the lawyers' blurb reading that people paid a lot of money so they expected more reliability than from a cheaper machine (Ha!). I'm sure you spotted other examples throughout the day; if you have a computer such examples are shoved in your face all day long: our corporate email/collab "solution" is a right pile of shite but did cost millions. The person seated next to me does her math and plotting in expensive Excel while I use free Veusz. LaTeX vs MSWord anyone? My bike cost me 1500 euros and is more reliable and faster than the equivalent from Honda which at the same "age" costs roughly 3x that price. Yesterday I bought 12 rolls of no-name toilet paper which seems to wipe my bum as acceptably as the branded equivalent that costs 2x the price. I could litterally fill pages with examples like these taken only from this week.

People just chose to ignore everything that doesn't fit their misconceptions it would seem.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon