Reply to post:

Weekend reads: Russell Brand's Revolution and Joy Division's Ian Curtis gets lyrical

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

I interpreted the word 'desire' (in the context of what I understood the book to be about) not to mean things like 'desire to not be attacked' but 'desire for new smartphones, iPads, nice cars, new suits, power to sack people I don't like' and so on. From my understanding of this, I don't think you need to believe in God or a god to have an intellectual ascent to the idea that some people use these things to find meaning in their lives, even if you don't believe it.

But if you don't believe me, go onto any forum (including, to some extent, this one) and say something nasty about Apple.

No, I don't like Russell Brand. I particularly dislike the way he refuses to answer a question when being interviewed, doing so in a way that always makes the interviewer look like he doesn't understand the question (s)he has asked.... If you have any doubt as to his 'humility', see how he responded when he thought Evan Davis suggested Mr. Brand didn't have an imagination.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon