Reply to post:

Facebook pays INFINITELY MORE UK corp tax than in 2012

MR J

Unless the whole world moved to a system where there was a 0% tax rate then this wouldn't work either.

You seem to be mis-understanding how all of all of this works.

Most of the tax they are paying is in the place where it cost them the least in taxation, and guess what, usually that is also the place where they have the fewest (in some cases, NO) staff.

So sure, make $2bil, and pay 0 staff $0, so yea... That's going to work well.

You COULD bump taxes up on workers, but that doesn't work either for a huge amount of reasons.

Also, "information" sold as "goods" would be hard to tax too, you would end up with the same thing where some office (with 0 staff) is paying 250 million $ a year to another office (with 0 staff) for data information, but the island state charges 0% corporation tax... Then the buyer ships their "Global information" to the "UK Arm" for, oh, free, or even a huge fee (lets say 250 million $) and the plastic ducks they sold this year (and made 250 million $ profit on YAY) gets a tax offset due to the data they had to buy from themselves (BOOO) thus negating any profit.

DEAR GOD MAN, CAN YOU SEE WHAT YOUR DOING, TAX FREE PLASTIC DUCKS...

Until I replied to you I didn't know how bad you had it in for us, but no I know..

Now I know.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon