Reply to post: ereaders

Watersports-friendly e-reader: Kobo's Aura H2O is literary when wet

psychonaut

ereaders

the reason people like them over tablets is that trying to read on a phone or tablet is very difficult - the sheer output of the white light from the tablet does your eyes in pretty quick in the dark, also the weight of the device will do your hand in after a short while if you actually hold the thing while you are reading.

i used to be a complete book fanatic, i wouldnt countenance the idea of an electronic device because i like the feel of books and the err, gui experience??? its so simple.....just like that ikea ad for their catalogue - sounds a bit weird but there you go -

but since the very first time i used a kindle i havent bought another paper book.

i had an original kindle - no touch, no keyboard for years. its light, so your hand doesnt get cramped and the reading experience is just like a book. last for months, i have 1000 or more books on it. now my suitcase isn't half full of books when i go away

unfortunately, it is somewhere in Germany now....no idea where.

so ive ordered the new kindle voyage. but its not waterproof which is a bummer (sandwich bags aside). however, the amazon ecosystem is going to prevent me from going elsewhere as there are just so many titles available.

i also dont like the crap attention to proof reading that seems to be endemic in the ebook community, but you can live with it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon