Reply to post: Re: For instance, picking up audio from the goal keeper, or turning off the commentary.

Fake tape detectors, 'from the stands' footie and UGH! Internet of Things in my set-top box

Jes.e

Re: For instance, picking up audio from the goal keeper, or turning off the commentary.

Seconded!!

I live in the US..

I started to get a clue when I wanted to see parts of the Athens opening afterwards and was shocked when I got exerpts from the BBC version on YouTube. (The BBC announcer knew Greek literature and science and our USA counterpart just babbled.)

I watched the London live but then found a HiDef Australian version on a torrent site. I was horrified to find bits had been omitted.

I bought a clue by four and skipped watching the Russian opening entirely and just downloaded a BBC version when it became available.

Are you aware we have ad breaks over here in the US which increase exponentially as the show progresses? And when you get back parts of the opening (especially the march of nations) just gets dropped on the floor?

Yes. The ability to just go with the stadium feed would be wonderful!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon