Reply to post: Re: Meeeh

'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Meeeh

"Swipe down close, swipe from left to switch between apps. Or just Alt+Tab if using a keyboard. Very easy, no need to clutter screen with window bars or icons - more screen real estate."

Invisible UI is very obviously NOT GOOD.

What's the thought process here--"hey, there isn't any indication of what's going on with the system or what you can or should do with the software or how to do it, but we've reclaimed 2% of the screen real estate!" Has there ever been a case in software design priorities being so completely backwards?!

I have Windows 8 on my HTPC. I mostly just use it to run a web browser (Chrome) in the Desktop mode. I try to use my mouse as I normally would. I would say about 2-3 times per day, my mouse movements get misinterpreted as swipes and cause things to happen that are completely foreign and undesirable to me. I get UI bars inexplicably appearing from all different directions and I have to figure out how to make them go away before I can continue doing what I wanted. I don't see how anyone could justify this UI design as good.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon