Reply to post: Re: £699

Oh noes, fanbois! iPhone 6 Plus shipments 'DELAYED' in the UK

gurugeorge

Re: £699

I'll never buy another non-Apple phone. I've been a coder since the 90s. I was used to programming on Symbian, and had probably every new Nokia and android device from 1996- 2012, from the Nokia communicator to the nexuses. I hated apple with a passion because it's against my principles to touch such a closed architecture.

I had a top of the range android device in 2010, and it's specs were much better than the best iPhone at the time. However it still took me 5 minutes to login to a particular website - I saw someone do it on the iPhone, and was Faster than my computer. Like going back to the Acorn Archimedes, it's not just about specifications but also about the efficiency of processor use. We may be for use on, but the experience from an iPhone is unparalleled. My brother just bought some galaxy S5, and it crashes every few days when you try to text message. My iPhone has crashed five times this year.

Yes, pisses me off the battery life sucks and I can't increase the storage. But it's almost a small price to pay considering iCloud AppleCare, face time, iMessage, and a camera is so good that it rivals HD film cameras (Google it there's a movie shot with 2 cams; iPhone and a $100,000 HD film camera and you be hard pressed to tell the difference.). It's not megapixels, in fact apple deliberately keep it as low megapixels so it's quality is increased in low light, it's better than any pocket Camera I've used in the last 10 years, and I am a keen SLR photographer.

THE GENIUS BAR WORKS FLAWLESSLY, AND THEY REPLACE STUFF WITHOUT QUESTION IMMEDIATELY IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG. I'VE NEVER SEEN SERVICE LIKE THAT, AND THAT'S WITHOUT APPLECARE.

sorry for caps typo, but that's another thing I'm not typing it byword I'm dictating. The voice recognition is so good that it is close to 99% accuracy now. I write articles and essays with Siri. Apple stuff just works. I had 4 replacements of my phone from the Apple Store because for various reasons. Each time my device was exactly how it was a few minutes prior including every message for the last 4 years, every app and setting I've ever used, at the click of a button, in minutes. It works seamlessly and flawlessly, like a lot of Apple stuff does. I don't have to think about it I can switch off and focus on more important shit. FaceTime on iMessage are similar. Admittedly android has caught up a lot, and I accept that this iPhone is just trying to match with android for a lot of things, but the end user experience on iPhone is unsurpassed.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon