Reply to post: I much preferred the 24 hour return window

Google extends app refund window to two hours

Aslan

I much preferred the 24 hour return window

I appreciate the 2 hour return window over the previous 15 minute one, but I'd rather see a return to the original 24 hours. I owned an original Nexus One and now have a OnePlus 1. In between I owned a HTC HD7 a friend gave me after my Nexus One was stolen. The HTC HD7 was a lovely phone with one issue, Windows Phone. The hardware was great the Windows Phone OS made me hate, hate, hate it. I purchased more than 100 apps for my Nexus One. I only got a refund on one and that was because it insisted on root access when it had no business doing so and this wasn't disclosed in the description. On Windows Phone I only bought 1 app, Garmin Navigator / Garmin StreetPilot which at the time was the best mapping app that only required a network connection at the start. I'd rather have had one that didn't require a connection at all, but those were ridiculously expensive (as it was this one cost $30-50, I forget now, but in the absence of Google maps was totally worth it). In the two weeks I've had my OnePlus 1 I've probably bought a dozen apps for this and that. Some of my old standby's are going strong, others have been abandoned by their creators and I've had to replace them. Disappointing, but expected. I just don't feel that all apps can be evaluated properly in two hours. I'd rather see a refund ratio. Unlimited refunds within 24 hours if you keep 90% of what you buy, or even 80%, with human approval required if you need to return more purchases than that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon