Reply to post: Charge for iplayer

BBC Trust candidate defends licence fee, says evaders are CRIMINALS

batfastad

Charge for iplayer

I own a TV, pay the license and hardly ever watch it live. That's my problem to worry about. The fact that the BBC has to try to appeal to everyone is its biggest curse, especially when 80% of the population they have to target are absolute morons. It would be impossible for >50% of license fee payers to like >50% of the content. I like bits of their TV, their childrens programming doesn't have adverts for yet moar toys every 5 minutes and their websites are usually better than their competitors. MSN, Sky(Fox)News? Really?

When I look at the listings of what's available on the basic Sky package then it's crazy to think that so many people stump up a minimum of £240 per year.

Some of the BBC spending decisions are quite bizarre though. I don't mind F1 and the BBC coverage was excellent, but spending such a large chunk of dosh for the TV rights of such a commercially-orientated sport is bonkers.

What is exasperating is the number of people in this comments section who seem to be whingeing about the quality of BBC content being the reason they don't own a TV... but are quite happy to burp and fart in front of an iplayer. That loophole should be closed.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon