Reply to post: Apple Pay? Not if they use the current iTunes approach..

Apple's big bang: iPhone 6, ANOTHER iPhone 6 Plus and WATCH OUT

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Apple Pay? Not if they use the current iTunes approach..

Apart from the issue that Apple is actually solving the wrong problem (I've been in payments for a couple of years), there's also this problem I alluded to before:

try moving country or living in more than one country. Apple's store will only accept a credit card from the country your store is set to (ditto for value vouchers that you would like to give someone) - there is no way AT ALL to give Apple any money from another country than your iTunes account is set to. You are thus forced to choose between risking your investment in Apps (and let's not forget, that includes all you have on OSX which can be quite a large amount) or, at a minimum accepting that they will no longer upgrade, or somehow keeping a credit card alive in the country you just left. It's as if like they've never heard of the fact that quite a lot of people who can afford their gear move around - almost like the MPAA who divided the world into regions so you were forced to choose between sponsoring the child molesting drug peddling terrorists of this world (I'm paraphrasing here slightly) by buying a pirated but otherwise good quality copy of a movie or the original which would only play until you got home.

If they don't fix this pronto they will end up with massive problems, more so if they try to get this into the jet setting fashion world where *everyone* travels around the planet and has multiple residences.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon