Reply to post: Re: Size does matter, and so do brains..

Jony Ive: Apple iWatch will SCREW UP Switzerland's economy

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Size does matter, and so do brains..

I know of a British watch maker who currently sells COSC-certified chronometers for less than £700 incl VAT; they built such a solid following over the last few years that they ended up able to launch their own movement in the last year and have ownership of more of the product.

For the iWatch to rock the BIG Swiss boats, Apple would need:

1) An Apple-designed COSC-certified chronometer movement that can power iWatch electronics (somewhat possible - need electronic engineer types to guesstimate how much electrical power a '5-7 day reserve' movement can generate)

2) A sensible UI, durable miniature electronics and a small retina-quality display (very possible)

3) A large supply of Sapphire glass to deliver high quality durable devices (already have this)

I would actually consider this as a companion to my current timepiece (#143/200 - COSC certified Chronometer) as it'd be a quality quirky addition - remember their anticlockwise watches from some convention ages ago? http://www.digitalintrovert.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/l-640-480-426ec39a-88d3-4546-a73d-42ea8db88eac.jpeg

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon