Reply to post: Re: I call shenanigans

Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos

War President

Re: I call shenanigans

I've heard not-so-good comments about a lot of Logitech gear in the last few years. My older Logitech gear is still in good condition and works like new, but I notice the newer gear has finish (wear) problems and the newer trackballs use no-name switches as opposed to Omron. In 10+ years, I've had 1 switch fail and no other problems. The two trackballs I bought in the last year both are exhibiting excessive wear of the finish, but no hardware issues, yet. I wouldn't touch their software with a 10 meter virtual pole, it's utter $#!^. That said, I will continue to buy the Marble Mouse (the symmetrical trackball). For me, it is far superior to any mouse, it fits my hand well, it's always in position, it doesn't cause wrist/arm fatigue, and you can swap it left/right handed based on the user. Its one failing is the lack of a (non-virtual) middle button and no scroll wheel. Both of which can be emulated with AutoHotKey (with varying degrees of success, depending on the game/software being used).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon