Reply to post: For Don Jefe, genuine question

True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS

Bradley Hardleigh-Hadderchance

For Don Jefe, genuine question

------------------------

Yes, stuff like this is terrible to watch. Seeing actual people actually get killed always sucks, even if you don't like the person who died. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the small numbers who watched the entire thing.

I see no point in people watching this sort of thing, but I see no point in criminalizing the viewing and sharing of it either. It is real, it did happen and to attempt to deny that by discouraging its viewing is just fucking stupid. If ignoring something made it not real then the aliens would stop coming into my bedroom at night.

---------------------------

Don Jeffe, I have a couple of questions here. They are both genuine questions without malice.

1: Did YOU actually watch the video yourself?

2: If you DID, then DID the video that you watched actually show the bit where they saw the head off?

Like I say, I am genuinely intrigued to know. Not because whether I care if you watch things like this. For the same arguments and logic that you have yourself put forward, with regard to the general morality of watching subect matter such as this, I agree with your viewpoint and therefore would find it ironic or paradoxical if you HAD watched the video. I didn't word that very well. I'm just trying to say that a man with such a viewpoint, might not want to see something like this. Maybe I got that wrong. I am just trying to clarify. For the important bit.

If you did watch the video, I would like to know if you actually saw the most horrific part.

I am just perplexed by your certainty and unwavering belief - 'It is real, it did happen' you said. I just want to know how you know that. Like I said, I don't believe anything unless I see it with my own two eyes and not even then sometimes.

As I said, these are genuine questions to you. I have something to learn from your answers, coz on the whole I do respect you and value your opinion. But this is not opinion I am looking for here, I am looking for the science stuff - data - binary, yes or no, black and white. They are two very easy questions and pretty unambiguous, so I eagerly await your reply.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon