Reply to post: Re: Mr Hawking – Over-rated - Big Bang Mythology

Stephen Hawking biopic: Big on romance, not so much with the science?

Lazar

Re: Mr Hawking – Over-rated - Big Bang Mythology

So what do you believe then? That the universe is create by some supreme being only a few thousands of years ago?

At least Stephen Hawking had the curiosity to try to figure it out rather than accept what he's been told.

Also, because the universe is so massive and so old, you can't prove what happened, only theorize. And a lot of what Hawking theorized is as close as to what OTHER scientist believe.

You know, that's why they are called THEORETICAL PHYSICISTS. Our science isn't advanced enough (if ever) to test these theories.

What more do you want? The truth? Considering the comments you've made, you can't handle the truth. I know I don't understand the majority of his work, but at least you got to admire him for trying, and being diagnosed with motor neurone disease at 21, initially given a life expectancy of 2 years and still alive 52 FUCKING years later. Clearly someone/body/thing wanted him to carry on living.

I, for one, admire him and want him to continue to give us his views on what was and what might be.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon