Reply to post: Re: at h4rmony

Microsoft blasts sueball at Samsung over Android patent royalties

h4rm0ny

Re: at h4rmony

>>"As a response to your Chinese proverb on eunuch's chastity, here's my favorite oriental adage: "No matter how many times you say "halva" , it still doesn't sweeten your mouth". That is no matter, how many times you say that your arguments are logical and solid and mine are false and flawed... it becomes a fact. Are you making yourself believe in that?"

So you're not addressing any of my arguments, but merely making a general statement that something isn't logical just because someone says it is. Whereas what I actually did was give you a clear chain of reasoning and references and nowhere said my argument was right because I said it was. And again from the above, I didn't say your arguments were flawed because I said they were, I gave specific reasons which you again skip over. Whereas you are starting to say things like your arguments are logical because you have a PhD in Maths. (Which is saying your arguments are right because you say they are).

>>"Well, extrapolating somebody's behavior out of someone else's pattern? that is the pearl of your logic? Try selling this logic to statisticians and actuarial people: "yes, male motorists under 20 tend to be n (n>1) times more reckless when driving, however, it is very logical to assume they will change that risky behavior this year, since most people don't want to die". Closer to me analogy would be, "a function f(x) is identically zero in the interval [a,b], let's assume f(c) =\= 0 for all points c not in [a,b], since most functions are not zeros on R""

Again, no actual details or addressing of the criticisms I made, just an analogy you assert is correct, refusing to engage with the reasons already given why your analogy is flawed.

Once again, my reply to you can contain virtually no actual references to Samsung or actual contracts because you are just posting general statements and attacking questions such as "are you making yourself believe that". There is no argument in it to reply to, we just end up discussing your post.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon