Reply to post: Samsung, think? hahaha.

Microsoft blasts sueball at Samsung over Android patent royalties

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Samsung, think? hahaha.

This is Samsung's normal strategy. They seem to always lose their legal battles (take a look OUTSIDE the computer/phone areas of business for details), but it is generally good business for them.

Samsung, are one of the great serial offenders of the global corporate world, and many executives of this "fine" corporation have spent time at the big house because of it. Samsung have also swallowed billions in fines (and I am not talking about Samsung v. Apple) for their illegal behaviours.

Samsung are big, very big, and when they see a competitive advantage in breaching a contract, or simply breaking the law outright (collude, lie, cheat and steal), they do so without compunction. The history of Samsung of the past decades is littered with examples of this type of behaviour.

I am on MSs side here and Samsung will likely get slapped down for breach of contract. Having entered into the agreement with MS, and having paid every year, they will need to demonstrate some very clear evidence of breach on MS's part to convince the court that their own breach of contract is justified. I rate their chances just above zero.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon