Reply to post: Re: don't forget train ticket barriers....

Nice computers don’t need to go to the toilet, says Barclays

stu 4

Re: don't forget train ticket barriers....

Ah yes... the underground...

I soon realised I had to wait for the person infront of me to actually GO THROUGH the barrier...

since By default you swipe as you are already walking into the gate.

So of course, there oyster card has expired, but muggins behind swipes his ticket.

voila, they scoot through on your ticket.. leaving you then wondering for a second why your ticket isn't working before realising what's happened.

it look a few times for the penny to drop. I'm pretty sure this is an accepted way of using the underground without paying...

So now I wait until punter in front has actually got gate to open and has departed before my ticket is fed into the thing.

I still often wonder how foreigners manage not to get lost on platforms with more than one line - as LU still seem to expect that simply specifying that the next train is for 'BARKING' will endow the perspective passenger with the magical knowledge that it is on the hamersmith and city line, and that they need to memorise every single stop on the circle line and wait for a train with one of those on the front to get on the circle line....is it so fucking difficult to put: "H&C: BARKING' or "CIRCLE:EMBANKMENT"

poor bastards

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon