Reply to post: Re: Little Englander syndrome

Has Europe cut the UK adrift on data protection?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Little Englander syndrome

You've got to love unionists who either paint those in favour of Scottish independence as isolationist and small-minded or scaremonger as to whether an independent Scotland will have to "rejoin" the EU.

Yeah, that'd be the same union whose governing party is pandering to potential UKIP supporters in the Tories' South East England heartland (*) for party political reasons, and holding a vote that could well end up taking us- as part of the UK- out of the EU anyway.

The pro-unionist David Tennant said "Why do we want to become smaller? Surely we want to expand and look outward?"

Yes, David. That's *exactly* why I don't want to remain attached to an increasingly right-wing Little England as it attempts to detach the UK from the rest of Europe (successfully or otherwise), all the time growing more politically divergent from Scotland (as it has been for the past generation).

The current status quo isn't an option here; things are moving regardless, it's just a question of which fork in the road you want to take, and I'm not interested in the one that leads to Tunbridge Wells.

(*) Yes, I'm aware that UKIP won a Scottish seat at the recent European elections. Fact remains that overall they got a tenth of the vote here compared to around a third in England.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon