Reply to post: Yet

UK govt threw £347m in the bin on failed asylum processing IT project

batfastad

Yet

No... must... not... rant.... here goes...

And yet ministers have the audacity to whinge that they should have a bigger cut of tax revenue from individuals and corporates participating in perfectly legal tax avoidance schemes?

Yeah I mean we'd all like a bit more money all of the time, humans are greedy. Especially all the chubby little eunuchs that waddle about inside Westminster.

But I would also defend the right to anyone big or small to abide by the law and pay their legal minimum amount of tax, like I do and probably 100% of UK tax payers. Presumably Theresa May wasn't making additional voluntary tax contributions while she was burping "morally repugnant" at anything that moved. (Though it was quite amazing to hear that she and likely most other politicians consider themselves our moral superiors/guardians - by definition that's impossible!)

So in conclusion, there's no way I feel our public agencies should have access to more dosh until they prove that they won't just waste it on beer, hookers, botched IT projects, limpics, and a marginally faster train set that will cost 4x as much to ride on.

Phew!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon