Reply to post:

Listen: WORST EVER customer service call – Comcast is 'very embarrassed'

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Wait, Comcast trains their customer service employees?

Number 1 in service? Just because you are the largest doesn't make you number 1 in service. 105Mbps is the fastest service in the US? Hmmm, I have faster than that and it is symmetric. The CS rep also mention 105Mbps guaranteed? I'm pretty sure that is not the case.

Just because someone that was with them for 9 years doesn't mean that the service worked and they never had an issue. For many, they have no choice in providers so customers stay with them just because they have too.

I just record calls to companies and when I run into what this guy ran into, I just tell them I'm recording the call as proof I requested the service to be disconnected and state the date and time. If the service is not canceled and I get billed for service beyond that date, I'm not liable for the charges and if need be will use the legal system for relief and damages of which this conversation will be used as evidence that I requested that service be terminated.

That stops them from asking any further questions and promptly gets the service disconnected.

I wonder if the Comcast employee won't get fired over this, not for what he did but he probably didn't try hard enough and didn't list even more of the "great" features that Comcast offers.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon