Reply to post: Re: TSA Proof?

'Ribbed' for your pleasure: Jony Ive unveils NAKED IPHONE

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: TSA Proof?

"... but checking items are not on their list of not allowed."

Which seems to get weirder by the minute, as does the stuff you've got to get out before getting to security, which now includes lip gloss - I struggle to fathom why that and not cosmetics in general. Curries are a no-no in liquid form, but OK if they're frozen. I do wonder if they get some of it from books or films; belts would seem a good fit for Frederick Forsyth's "The Negotiator". We're stuffed if anyone gives them a Secret Squirrel box set for christmas.

Judging by a recent security queue at Stansted, the fun should kick off anyway when they really get going with the 'no uncharged devices' rule. If they really do check them all, either the wage bill for security staff will double ticket prices, bankrupt the airports, or you'll need to turn up a week in advance.

I've no idea what they do about the very personal like artificial limbs or pacemakers, but I can imagine a Mumsnet rebellion shortly after the Yemeni bombmakers are found to be experimenting with detonating tampons or incendiary pantyliners.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon