Reply to post: Re: Or they could consider joining the first part of the 21st century...

London officials won't take Uber to court – because cabbies are suing the drivers anyway

Arion

Re: Or they could consider joining the first part of the 21st century...

> I find it surprising that most merchants don't run a £10 minimum card transaction rule. (some

> do £5, but the vast majority happily allow customers to clock charges under a quid, which is

> just plain silly)

You're entitled to your opinion. You're also wrong.

The retailer who turns away my card when I want to buy something, becomes the bastard ( or bitch ), who wouldn't take my card last time, when the time comes that I want to buy something more expensive, and go to a competing supplier.

If it costs you 30p to take a pound of my card, then why don't you just charge me the 30p, or 30% ( for transactions under a fiver or a tenner or whatever ). If I want a coke and I'm out of cash, I don't really care if you take an extra 30p from my a/c. I just want my coke, and by just charging the 30%, I get my coke, you get your sale, and the bank ( or credit card company) gets their commission.

Even if I do have cash, your willingness to accommodate me( even if it does involve extra charges) will make my more amenable to doing business with you again.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon