Reply to post: sex

You 'posted' a 'letter' with Outlook... No, NO, that's the MONITOR

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

sex

About 10 years ago I helped a neighbour with their first computer. Although I moved away from the area I still get invited for "lunch" about twice a year which means there is something wrong with their computer. Have to admit they are very nice and I try not to laugh at their technical knowledge (they are both in their mid 70s). Last time after a few drinks they told me this:

They heard about all the sex on the internet and that you can not escape it but using the internet for a few years they never came across sex sites, apart from all the junk emails they receive and they know that they should not respond or open any link in the email. So they decided to look for it and typed "sex" into google. You can imagine the number of hits it came up with. They started to click on some of the links and one of them hijacked their homepage and kept opening new browser windows with different sex sites. They unplugged the computer quickly but after restarting it the same thing happened. They were too embarrassed to phone me or anybody else they knew. In the end they took the computer to a shop about 50km away to eliminate the chance of meeting anybody they knew. This has happened abut 5 years ago but they were too ashamed to talk about it until now.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon