Reply to post:

Sugarsync add to the fails of cloud storage

Rampant Spaniel

True, but I think Google have managed to change people's perception of what to free means (with respect to reliability and longevity of service). I would rather pay because then I can complain if something goes wrong. Companies still have to pay for the free storage they offer, if it isn't coming from your wallet that creates an element of uncertainty. The very reason this type of deal needs a backup is because it's free to you. You can't guarantee the companies strategy will pay off so you stand to lose the free service. I just don't understand why people get upset at the company in situations like this. They either can the service or continue to run it at a loss and possibly go bankrupt at which point you lose the service anyway. No point being angry at them. Free services come and go, they often require something from the users like watching adverts, which people bitch about Do they reduce them and make less money then can the service. If you want to ensure the service pay for it, otherwise there's a fair chance it might stop at some point. Seems they have been very fair in allowing people 2 months to get their days off.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon