Reply to post: beware of pissing off BE Tech support.....

Help-desk hell

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

beware of pissing off BE Tech support.....

Today, my internet went down and after pinging several common sites, and tracrt to some more sites it was clear the problem was at there end......

so, it got to the point where he asked me to ping bbc.co.uk, google.com and copy and paste the results into pastebin .... with no internet working....

it went downhill... he wanted me to do a factory reset of the router. deleting all my custom settings for servers and IP cameras, media servers etc....

resulted in some verbal abuse and telling him I was not doing a factory reset, their was no point, traffic was fine until it got to their servers, just wasn't leaving them.....

he eventually agreed to send it upstairs for further investigation.....

10 min later, internet was back up working.... so logged back into router, it all was as how I left it.... another 10 min passed and then all the kit on wifi stopped working, could no longer see the wifi hotspot, tried loging into the router from wired network, it rejected my password !!

a little more checking around it was clear my router had had a factory reset...

it appears the customer services nobhead had accessed the router and had done a factory reset AFTER it was all working... the only point to this was to piss me off !!! BASTARD !!

Be have a backdoor into the router, you could disable it on the old routers, but not the new ones !!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon