So, that vast IT disaster you may have caused? Come in, sit down

Dominic Connor, Quant Headhunter
Thumb Up

Dominic Responds

@Christoph, I agree absolutely the if you push people to hard, the will do things of apocalyptic stupidity.

@umacf24, I'm not a great fan of recording since I'm after truth not prosecution, they are quite different disciplines. Tell someone they are being recorded and they may well clam up, don't tell them and there's legal crap to deal with, neither make the job easier.

@Annhilator, As it happens I usually do this at banks and some things audit is the right function to deal with it, but I deal with situations where you need to understand the technology and the technologist, helps that I know banking as well. However the idea of the FSA doing this is just laughable and in any case management at the firm (whether financial or not) really want to know the truth before regulators or law enforcement get involved.

@1Rafayal Oddly I have no idea how you'd get into this line of work, it's not even a job, just something I do when people ask me. I got into it because some people who know my work and who trust me in spite of being a City headhunter asked for help.

Back to the forum