Good to see that HTML formatting has been granted to all (mostly). I hope that the following formatting will be added to the roadmap:
• the remaining HTML phrase elements (cite, dfn, code, samp, kbd, var, abbr, acronym);
• inline quoting (the q element);
• preformatted text (the pre element);
• fixed width text (the tt element);
• small caps (sadly there is no simple HTML element that provides them; a span element with a particular style attribute would be required);
• the recommendations of the Vulture Central Humour Comprehensibility Committee, found at http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/02/01/the_color_of_irony/ (sorry, at this time I do not meet the prerequisite for hotlinking).
Do the characters used for HTML elements count towards a post’s maximum length?