back to article MS kicks off game coder compo

Microsoft has started to take registrations for its annual Dream Build Play Challenge, a contest for indie game developers to showcase their skills with the chance to win big. The Dream.Build.Play 2011 Challenge is open to any Xbox 360 projects built with XNA Game Studio 4.0, a platform which can also be used to develop games …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. forger
    Stop

Confusing

Someone forgot to read the rules of the competition before publishing this story because the comment: "The Dream.Build.Play 2011 Challenge is open to any projects built with XNA Game Studio 4.0, a platform to develop games for Xbox 360, Windows PCs and Windows Phones." is misleading.

The rules state:

"The final version of the Game you submit must be playable by the judging panel on an xbox 360 console...."

Good luck with the PC and Windows Phone 7 games!!!

1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Damn!

So, my masterpiece would have been disqualified?

http://www.simplecodeworks.com/gallery/p-ufo.html

:-)

2. dogged
      FAIL

XNA 4.0 is a cross-plaform devel-oh, why bother

it doesn't matter. There's no point in explaining this stuff to you, is there?

3. Stumpy
      Troll

Obvious troll is obvious...

What's misleading about the statement that XNA Game Studio 4.0 being a platform for creating games for Windows, XBox and WinPhone?

It is.

Nowhere in the article did it say that the entries for the compo could be for any platform you can compile for from XNA.

... and anyway, as if anybody would be stupid enough to put all that work in and submit an entry without reading the rules first.

... not really sure if you've just had an epic comprehension fail, or are just trolling ....

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Are people idiots?

This clearly isn't about games, it's a very cheap way of pretending that Microsoft loves homebrew and Sony hates it.

PR Stunt written all over it.

1. Serenity
      Stop

Well sort of

That would be a pretty fair statement if this contest hadn't run for a couple years already. Oh hell. I think I just fed the troll.

2. dogged
      Boffin

PR stunt?

Er.. this is not a new thing. It's a yearly competition and it's been running ever since XNA 1.0 launched.

You must be confused.

3. forger
    Troll

@stumpy

I wasn't trolling as I actually write software for Windows Phone 7 devices and I'm not interested in doing so for the Xbox 360.

Here is the misleading part which you failed you quote:

"is open to any projects built with XNA Game Studio 4.0."

Since it's actually only open to projects built with XNA Game Studio for the Xbox 360 it's misleading.

Given that the text in the article has been updated to:

"... is open to any Xbox 360 projects built with XNA Game Studio 4.0, a platform which can also be used to develop games for Windows PCs and Windows Phones" I'd say the author, or whoever changed it agreed with me.

Now who's the troll???

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like