back to article Gutsy eBayer touts 'Royal Marine surrender kit'

An unidentified eBay seller is using the online tat bazaar to mount a web publicity campaign against the Royal Marines. "Blackoperation" has a home-produced "Royal Marines surrender kit" up for auction, consisting of "one white flag, plasty cuffs (enough for 15), hessian blind fold, an aid memoir and comes complete with its own …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Philip Bune

sad isnt it

Whats sad is that there have been 17 bids so far for this.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

twat...

if only they knew...if only they bloody well knew...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Army are laughing :D

The Paras wouldn't need this, thats because they wouldn't let themselves get bloody captured!

4. call me scruffy

Even More Sadly,

Robust though their sense of humour may be, BRITISH Soldiers are actually disciplined professionals, although no doubt he can expect a steady stream of heavy lads asking what the fuck he thinks he's doing, he's unlikely to get summary justice and national shunning...

Well not until the tabloids get their mits on it anyway.

lets see.... [clickety] editor@ [clickety] thesun.co.uk [CLICK!]

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

muppet

I'm assuming they've already moved house and these are the only items left at that address - if not they might be waving the flag themselves...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Shooting the messenger

I can't believe past and serving members of the RM aren't as incensed by this whole sorry episode as I am. The tame surrender was bad enough, but what's really sad is the worldwide spectacle the RM (and the new touchy feely feminised Navy) have made of themselves (and the rest of the armed forces) with their ingratiating and disgraceful post surrender antics.

Furthermore, this guy is obviously Para so I don't think he's going to be too bothered by the prospect of a visit from the odd (modern day) RM or two.

7. Brian Hall

As Monty would say (and did sing):

Brave Sir RM ran away

Bravely ran away away

When danger reared its ugly head,

He bravely turned his tail and fled

Yes Brave Sir RM turned about

And gallantly he chickened out

Bravely taking to his feet

He beat a very brave retreat

Bravest of the brave Sir RM

8. Andy Bright

Don't really see what the fuss is

Is it stupid? Yes. Is it offensive to the vast majority of Marines who put their lives at risk daily in Afghanistan and various other interesting locations around the world? Yes.

But is it a pretty good piss take of some people that still insist on how the experience was so horrible and mentally torturous, they absolutely had to keep the gift baskets sent by their captors. And then felt an overwhelming urge to make some serious dough from the whole deal? Definitely.

Did they have to surrender? Yes, they had no choice. Was the experience as bad as they claim? Hard to say, because normally people don't accept gifts from their torturers, mental or otherwise, and they certainly don't feel like airing their "feelings" publicly to make some extra cash. But on the other hand if the pay is as bad as I think it is, I sort of understand why they did it.

The thing is they have pretty much permanently tarnished the reputation of the British armed forces as a whole, in just about every corner of the world - so provided this guy is serving too, it seems perfectly reasonable for him to take the piss a bit.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

But . . .

So, how did they get caught 'unawares' in open water with good visibility?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Eh, I'll still take 10 RM's over 10,000 frenchmen any day

Do I have to even elaborate?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

though not an rm or other current serving bloke...

... as someone with ranking superiors who is a professional, orders must be followed by subordinates. otherwise it's called MUTINY , innit?

12. G Crellin

Humour through Adversity

After sending Mr Page an email I thought why not share it with the rest of the world. I believe that matey has a problem with Royal Marines trying not to state the obivious............

Through experience myself (7 years Royal marines 1992-99) I feel that if Numpty had any knowlwedge himself, that he would know nearly all operations involving Naval boarding party's in that kind of enviroment. (Talking past experience) That the Naval officer usally has charge and that the Royal marines how ever keen they might be to put up a fight, are highly trained and well disciplined. Numpty however either has an incredible sense of humour which I must credit him for, and which if he can also profit from, fair play numpty. You can't really blame him................ Or he has recently moved house and found Royal's name on the back of the headboard, which is standard SOP's. I think it maybe the latter. SORRY NUMPTY...

Cheers Royal

Ps you never know, we might meet around the Bazaar's.

13. Lesm

where were you in 82?

having read this and checked the items on ebay that this arsehole is selling on ebay, I would proffesionally as an ex bootneck say that this is definately a (TA) para who tried for RM but couldn't even fill in the form,probably a storeman who has no mates and goes by the name of Billy, so QM time for stocktake, should he ever find himself in the position we were in in 82 he'd probably still be there trying to dig himself out of his brimming pants.

all the best

Royal.

PS> it's a fact of course that all the Para's battle honours are defeats.. speaks for its self really.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like