back to article Tunisia: Goodbye Ben Ali, hello (internet) freedom

The first glimmerings of internet liberalisation were evident in Tunisia this weekend. CNN reports that filters on popular sites such as Facebook and YouTube have been lifted, and this appears to have led to speedier access speeds across the local internet. Whether this is enough to placate a populace enraged by years of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TeeCee Gold badge
    WTF?

I'll die for your right to watch skateboarding dogs.

No. Even in bold like that, it still doesn't make sense.....

2. Pablo

Well, good.

I wish my president followed through on promised change so quickly.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

suffering in Tunisia

Meanwhile food supplies have been destroyed by rioters, groceries burned, train stations burned, and the country will take years to recover. Thousands will likely die as the rioting continues for the "fun of it" as the employment situation cannot change for 5 years if the government is better than Ali! I think this country might have gone from bad to worse with a long term hope of ????

4. snowrest
    FAIL

wrong aricle

@ jane the author : it was not a youtube revolution. former president has offered free net and speech in his last appearance on tv but Tunisians refused cos it was a dignity revolution.

for your information : facebook never was blocked and all Tunisians access you tube using hacking programs

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like