back to article The Social Network scoops four Golden Globes

The Social Network was honoured with four Golden Globes yesterday, suggesting the movie may be headed for Oscar glory. The fictional account of the rise of Facebook and its creator, Mark Zuckerberg, took the best drama award, best director for David Fincher, best screenplay for scribe Aaron Sorkin and best musical score. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

lawl

Get me the hell off this planet, I refuse to share it with such obvious morons.

2. TeeCee Gold badge
    FAIL

OMFG!

"...she was wrong. You turned out to be a great entrepreneur, a visionary and a fantastic altruist.”

Dear Mr Sorkin: After that nauseatingly sycophantic outburst, good luck with scraping all the shit out of your sinuses and off your tongue.

3. Youngdog
    Thumb Up

Glad 'The Fighter' got a couple...

...Ok the film played fast and loose with the facts and Bale's performance reminded me of De Niro's 'Johnny Boy' from 'Mean Streets' more than once but the chemistry between him and Wahlberg was amazing and probably down to how much time they obviously spent around each other to make the training scenes look so amazing.

The real standouts though were Melissa Leo (a thoroughly deserving winner) and Amy Adams - their superb, naturalistic performances made this much, much more than the usual sugar-coated Hollywood take on these sort of stories. Christ if the suits had been running the show it would have been Julia Roberts on the nomination list.

4. Mark 65

Piracy

After producing such shite and awarding it so highly does the movie industry still wonder why people don't want to pay to watch their output?

As a parent, kids movies have been about the one saving grace recently.

5. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Oh, yeah...

"You turned out to be a great entrepreneur, a visionary and a fantastic altruist." - said a battery chicken to the inventor of battery farming, "shame about being a complete asshole about the users, sorry, chicken".

6. whats the point of kenny lynch?
    Thumb Down

is it just me?

or is the social network not that good or interesting?

the main blokes voice is so annoying and at the end of the day - it's a film about some geek setting up a website....thrilling....oh and justin timberlakes in it playing justin timberlake..

7. Tigra 07
    FAIL

I won't be the only person to notice this surely...

"she was wrong. You turned out to be a great entrepreneur, a visionary and a fantastic altruist."

Or a thief who stole someone elses idea with a fetish for anti-privacy measures if you believe the lawsuits that keep appearing.

8. crowley
    FAIL

She was right...

...You turned out to be the high priest of populist dumbing down of culture as people learnt to restrict their self expression to your autistic worldview; one which gives people the same scope for individualism as a f**king nazi youth armband.

(however was The West Wing so good?)

9. Zobbo
    Thumb Up

It's good

The film is good. Not what I was expecting at all. It's about the people involved and their treatment of each other more than anything technical. You could be oblivious to facebook and enjoy it. If it was really about all the webby stuff it would be dull as pants. Yes Justin Timberlake is an odd choice and I'm not sure what the whole Napster guy thing was about, but other than that pretty good. The only thing is it's biased towards Eduardo (who's story i think it is). He is the only non-asshole, coincidentally.

10. Dog Faced Boy
    FAIL

Film devoid of facts

The film completely glossed over and omitted certain key points of the development of Facebook, such as Mark hacking into Facebook users accounts when the site will still in it's infancy.

The film did make Zucker look an ass, but not as big an ass, he seems to be, if all the Facebook expose articles are true.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like