back to article BOFH: How dangerous are your users?

Simon is resting this week. So we are republishing a quiz from 2004, this time with added interactive mojo. An online sysadmins resource Sure, your users may look about as likely to rebel as the pack of mindless sheep that they are - but can they be trusted? Are your users reading forbidden literature? Are they trying to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Hmm

After pressing F5 repeatedly all afternoon, I feel a little let down.... :(

2. Tawakalna
    Go

oh noes!

Simon Travaglia's been spying on MY place of "work" - 'cos I tried it twice, once as a scum-muppet L-user, and once as myself, and he bl**dy knew!

"you're not supposed to answer as yourself!"

bah. out-BOFH'd by the BOFH <fume>

(actually I got a L-user and my padawan learner to do it, and the L-user did slightly better than the padawan - but then I'm sacking him next week so no-one will ever know, and we can keep the shame secret in the Support dept)

3. Pablo Barboza Silver badge
    Thumb Down

I'm the first to post!!!11!

Yes I know, according to El Reg rules, I am not the first, and someone else posted the same idea 5 minutes ago, but... two polls in a month?

Is Simon running out of ideas? Should he be put to rest at once?

4. Andy Brown

Option missing

Question 6 should include an option for "still in use".

Everything here is reused until there's absolutely no way it can be repaired, then it becomes spares for other pieces of junk.

5. Gerhard den Hollander
    Go

No Comments Yet ?

No comments yet on a BOFH story ?

Is everyone to busy to go over all possible combinations of answers to find the easter egg ?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

great fun this one!

At first, I gave the average Awnser of Enduser at my Job:

Result: your lucky they dont dribble in the keyboard - and thats EXACTLY the truth! Amazing!

Then I tried to switch role and be the Enduser - And the Test says: dont say what you would say! HTF - Truth again!

Then i tried to switch to the most clever of my Endusers - To see how mutch danger im possibly in - in a worst case senario - And it says: Your pretty mutch in the green, so im not only completly happy now - also im totally relaxed!

(BTW: I`m Cannonfooder (Helldesk) for Incompany - Worldwide VPN and the like - You woudlnt belive how many awnser the question "Do you have an existing internet conection?" with "Yes!" while positivly knowing they havent and thinking:"Why does this Helldeskidiot need to know im to stupid to have Internet, and what does it have to do with me conecting to my emails from my favorite Holiday Location?")

7. Morely Dotes

Title? Title!? We don't need no steenking title!

"Your users are so feeble minded you're lucky they can manage a keyboard without filling it with dribble."

That's a very charitable assessment of my lusers. I'd have said they're all perfect donors for a Soylent Green factory. And those are the clever ones.

8. Jason Musgrove
    Dead Vulture

Repeat?

Isn't this just a repeat of the 24th Episode in 2000? http://www.theregister.co.uk/2000/07/10/bofh_wants_to_know_how/

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Repeat

Sure is , as stated in the first paragraph!

"Simon is resting this week. So we are republishing a quiz from 2004, this time with added interactive mojo."

RTFA (:

10. Gary Turner

:shrug:

@Dave

The disclaimer came late, after the complaints about Simon mailing it in this week.

11. Amos
    Black Helicopters

@Moreley Dotes

hey Morely, long time no see.

And quite a coincidence. We both got the same user rating.

I wonder why ;-)

12. Dan Collett
    Gates Horns

:drool:

"Your users are so feeble minded you're lucky they can manage a keyboard without filling it with dribble."

Oh my what a rather apt assesment!

13. Tim
    Paris Hilton

Is the bofh being disciplined?

For resorting to product placement?

Why didn't he seek revenge on the bean counter?

Is he running out of ideas?

These questions and more will not be answered!

14. Inzomniak

Ahhhh perfet

How did your users do?

Nothing to worry about here.

Your users are so feeble minded you're lucky they can manage a keyboard without filling it with dribble.

15. Tim Brown
    Happy

you're not supposed to answer as yourself!

but... I was answering as a user who has LEARNT and knows the likely response systems will give.

After all this time, users must have evolved a basic survival instinct - survival of the fittest and all that (in this case very literal - you'd need to be reasonably fit to reach the bottom of the stairs before the giant stone ball)

16. Eric Erickson

Serious.. Where are the REAL answers?

I don't see a SINGLE "Huh?" or "What are you talking about?" My people don't even TRY to guess what might be going on.

This topic is closed for new posts.