back to article Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

It seems odd to complain of a sense of déjà vu when playing a sequel, especially when the game in question is the third in a highly successful series. But when that déjà vu pervades through twenty hours of gameplay, as it does in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, it's difficult to ignore an overriding sensation that comes to define …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Myopic Aardvark
    Thumb Up

The constant loading...

when you're on horseback is annoying.

The fact that I've got to rotate on the spot (something I normally only expect from PC games) when I enter an area to make sure everything's loaded is also annoying.

That being said, I'm having an absolute blast with the game. It's good fun. It continues ACII's plot (and that, more than anything, is why I'm playing the game), even if it did do the whole "remove all the weapons" thing way too early.

Until City Of Heroes releases Issue 19, this is what I'll be playing.

2. Tom 15

PC Version

Bring on the PC version in February and a new graphics card.

3. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

A call to arms!

Why can't someone write one of these sandbox games that just allow you to live in it, rather than kill everything in sight.

Surely there is room for one game in the marketplace that satisfies this need?

I love sandbox games, but sometimes I'd just like to have a little more to do in them that doesn't involve blowing their heads off.

Just one?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Sandbox game

One word: Minecraft.

Visit minecraft.net, admittedly it's still in *alpha* but it's still immensely playable, immensely fun, doesn't require a mega horse power computer and is only €9.95 for the time being.

2. Snafu 2

O1

Try the X-series of games, by Egosoft

1. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

Appreciate the nods, but that minecraft looked like a rollercoaster sim based on the original doom 3d engine :) not exactly what I was looking for.

And I've got the X series up to Terran Confilct, but they take up soooooooooooooo much time, which I don't have as much of these days sadly.

I'm really loving Red Dead Redemption, but there's only so much poker and dice games you can play (if you aren't into killing everything).

Something with the quality of RDR but with some more non-lethal options.

I know Sims + RDR would be about right :D

3. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Seconded

And yes Minecraft isn't the answer. From the videos I've seen Rome is beautifully rendered in the game and I'd love to experience it first hand but I have zero interest in stabbing people in the neck. Now, I'm not asking for a renaissance version of bus simulator but this is a game with Leonardo in it - I don't recall Captain Janeway stabbing anyone when she met him on the holodeck.

4. Jason Hall

guff?

"Indeed, if the writers hope to salvage the desultory threads of ancient super civilisations, secret societies and doomsday prophecies, and weave them into an intelligible denouement for Assassin's Creed III, they'd better pick up the phone and call Dan Brown."

But Dan Brown only writes guff?

5. Bailey

Dan 'Guff MacGuffin' Brown

That was my point. But it was made with my head hovering over a bucket of boiling eucalyptus, so apologies if it snot quite intelligible.

6. johnnytruant

half a review

AC:Brotherhood never claimed to be anything more than an extension of AC2, so deja vu is to be expected. Personally I'm quite enjoying having more of a game I really enjoyed the first time around. AC3 is, I'm sure I read somewhere, going to be properly different.

However. There appears to be no mention in this three page review of the biggest and bestest new feature of Brotherhood - despite having several screenshots from it - the multiplayer option. Online assassin-offs against real people is great fun - team or individual modes both work really well and are what will keep me coming back to this game long after the single-player story has played out.

1. Thecowking

Ah so there is multiplayer!

That's exactly what I was wanting, multiplayer, largely melee combat?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

On the positive side ...

... I can now add Rome to a list (currently containing Venice and Florence) of cities my sons might consider going to on holiday to.

8. Psyx
    FAIL

Multiplayer?

So... no actual mention of multiplayer mode then?

Y'know... one of the game's key selling points, and the part that I'd actually like to hear about before buying.

You've only reviewed half the game... or that's what it seems like.

9. MJI Silver badge

Just got it yesterday.

And I doubt I will play it for a few weeks.

Firstly I need to finish off the AC2 DLC and get to Rome.

Then today another shiny game arrived which will take a lot of time - this time a driving game.

Finally whenever I settle down to play I get this irriristable urge to go online and play Uncharted 2 multiplayer.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like