back to article Samsung UE55C9000 55in LCD 3D TV

If money was no object, what type of TV could you create? If you’re Samsung, the UE55C9000 is just one possibility. It may be slightly more expensive than many small cars, but the outlay gets you the slimmest TV you can currently buy, yet one that’s still crammed full of high-end features including LED backlighting, Freeview HD …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Arthur Jackson
    Coat

Pop Quiz

I spotted the Althea and Donna reference ( how old is the reviewer? ) and I claim my free TV

2. Headache

Remote

I know a lot of Samsung media devices have interoperable remote controls. Did you test to see whether a "normal" Samsung TV remote would work with this unit?

3. JDX Gold badge

yowser

The TV for football players and rich tycoons maybe. Looks pretty nice.

Question: are active shutter glasses standardized at all between products from the same manufacturer, or even between manufacturers? Or do you have to buy the glasses to match each TV?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'd get one but....

Obviously it's way too expensive, but more practically, there's never anything worth watching. Oops.

Would be fun to play games on though.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

No wall mounting?

No thanks.

1. Alastair 7

Where are you seeing that?

It says in the article that you can wall mount the TV.

2. Greg Williams

RE: No wall mounting?

"If you want to wall mount it, this base can be removed and fitted to the back of the set."

I mean, come on... this was right at the beginning of the article. It's not like it was buried in the later pages. Make an effort.

6. Russ Tarbox

Finally!

A Samsung set that does decent upscaling.

7. Gotno iShit Wantno iShit
    FAIL

Utterly pointless thinness

At under 8mm thin it'll look great hung on the wall, most framed pictures protrude into the room more than that. Bang a duct in the wall for the hidden cabling and the stand can stay in the box where it belongs.

Oh, wait....

8. stucs201

Whats with those pictures

Seem to be suffering from some curving of the straight lines near the edges. Does this fancy screen really have the sort of distortion I'd assosiate with a CRT? Or do you just need a new camera?

9. Robert E A Harvey

No thanks.

You can buy an awful lot of theatre tickets for 5K

10. Mark 65

Power Draw

"In terms of power draw the set sucks in less than a watt on stand by, but takes a relatively hefty 209W or so in Dynamic mode or around 150W in the Movie mode, which operates with reduced brightness."

Compared with my c.2005 plasma that's nothing (over 300W). Even though it's a good'un they still used to suck up the juice back in the day and it can double as a heater when the weather cools a little.

11. Eponymous Cowherd
    Thumb Down

Very nice...........

then I think of all of the other things I could spend £5 grand on.......

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like