back to article Croydon unleashes cyberwar on barking dogs

The good burghers of Croydon will be able to sleep sounder in their beds in future, thanks to the local council's sensational online Report a Barking dog service: A screengrab of Croyon's "Report a barking dog" system Yes, that's right - you can either enter the location of the yelping mutt, or click on the map to select …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Michael Sheils
    Thumb Down

Works in Firefox

Just tried it and it worked fine for me, doesn't seem to be a stupid site that only works on IE at all.

Perhaps you should try things more than once before declaring them broken.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Absolutely Barking Mad

What a waste of time and effort this is.

Still, if they extend it to crying babies, then I'm sold!

3. Steve Jones

Priorities?

What a shame they didn't think to extend this to "report a bunch of knife wielding feral chavs" . . . but I suspect the police are far too busy filling in forms as it is.

4. Keith Turner
    Boffin

Fun time in Croydon

Right then, I'm off to buy a shedload of 'barking dog' doorbells.

They only need a small timer to set them off, say, once every twenty minutes or so.

Mind you, the likelyhood of getting shot planting electronic devices increases a wee bit.

Not entirely sure what the point of it is other than being a publicity exercise demonstrating that the council have spent more money on trying to bring a shine to a lack-lustre jobbie.

5. This post has been deleted by its author

6. Stuart Harrison

Erm...

Are you sure this isn't part of a much bigger forms system? Granted, it'd be a bit of a waste of time to spend ages developing a system to report a barking dog, but this could've been created by a system that creates forms on the fly so people could report fly tipping, roads problems etc, which would be very useful. Hell, I've used a similar system to report problems like the above a few times...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

chavs vs dogs

@Steve Jones

because if it was aimed at reprotign " "report a bunch of knife wielding feral chavs" it woud break under the strain.......

i am so relieved in the evenings when i can leave east crydon station for the safety and civilistion of SW london

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Government Buildings in Croydon

whats the bet that the "job centre plus" and immimgration buildings in Croydon get lined up for lots of hoax dog barking calls!?

There was a Tax (collection) Office, but they just demolished that, apparently there was no need for it!?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Barking...

Interesting forms to fill in, especially the list of categories for the complainant, whose options include:

White Irish

White Other

White UK

Give it a year & we'll see "Croydon White Irish complain most about barking dogs, Mixed Black and White Other's don't care"...

10. Francis Irving
    Go

Fix My Street

Meanwhile, you can report anything broken in your street (like graffiti, fly tipping, broken paving slabs, or street lighting) in a properly web accessible way, wherever in the country you live.

That's over at mySociety's http://www.fixmystreet.com

Sorry we don't support barking dogs or crying babies yet! You can report dog poo though.

11. Darren
    Pirate

Croydon....

I live in Croydon, unfortunately.

Should just be a yes/no vote on

"Should Croydon be bombed?"

it would save a lot of hassle and raise the nations crime prevention percentage by a hell of a lot.

D

12. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Fun time in Croydon

"Right then, I'm off to buy a shedload of 'barking dog' doorbells."

Why bother? Let's just ask a friendly botmaster to hit the site. Tomorrow's newspapers will be full of headlines like "Millions of stray dogs found in Croydon, citizens flee in panic".

This topic is closed for new posts.