back to article Google Maps daddy defects for Facebook

Lars Rasmussen—– who built the original Google Maps alongside his brother Jens before helming the ill-fated Google Wave — has parted ways with Google. And according to one report, he's bound for Facebook. Rasmussen revealed his departure from Google on his Facebook page. Lars and Jens Rasmussen joined Google in 2004, after …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andy Mac
    Paris Hilton

It's too early for a Sunday

I just wasted a whole minute of my life wondering what a "daddy defect" was, why Facebook had them, and why Google was kindly helping to map them out.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

English is a wonderful language!

is there any other language that allows this kind of double meaninig?

1. thecakeis(not)alie

Many.

I am aware of several rather well known double entendres in French, German, Italian and Cantonese...so I extend that to mean it probably exists as a concept/problem/source of humour in most languages...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Yes

Pretty much all of them allow MANY more combination of words with this kind of double meaning than English does.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wave was hype, sucked, thus is dead!

Google Maps is good, but unfortunately led to the invasion of privacy and security call Street View, which collected too much EM (visible and WiFi) detail!

Facebook maybe a good career move, but is another big privacy compromiser so, and this move could lead to more compromise of privacy.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

We're seeing the first defections from the cult

Some people at Google are showing resistance to the brainwashing program...

1. Mitch Kent
      FAIL

Obviously

Moving to facebook instead proves it.

5. bugalugs

Cue

FaecePlace / FarceMap / FasceSpace etc...

face/palm icon wanted

6. John 62
    Welcome

sad about Wave's demise

From the reports I've read I'm probably glad I hadn't used the current version of Google Wave, but being on a transatlantic project with documents flying around via sharepoint (on separate sites no less) and email and with a few IM conversations has made me interested as to whether the Wave of the future could improve things.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like