back to article Tesco touts Samsung Android tablet

Tesco has become the latest supplier to price up Samsung's Galaxy Tab, due to go on sale on 1 November. Tesco Tab The grocer wants £529 for the 7in, Android 2.2-based tablet with 2.4GHz 802.11n Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth and GPS, the same price Apple wants for the 9.7in iPad with those same connectivity and navigation features. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

£529???

No way.

2. Sverix

IMPORTANT DIFFERENCES:

***While iPad has no camera at all, the Galaxy Tab has TWO CAMERAS: a front facing camera and a rear camera!

***Galaxy Tab is almost only HALF THE WEIGHT (,84 lbs) of the iPad weight (1.5 lbs)

***Galaxy Tab is more PORTABLE

1. Colin Hillier
      Grenade

Come on...

*** iPhone4 is half the weight!

*** iPhone4 has the same features plus TWO cameras

*** iPbone4 is more portable and fits in your pocket!!

Come on, don't you get it people - this POS is DOA!?!??! Lolz

2. Wyrdness
      FAIL

What about the small low-res screen

It might be smaller and lighter, but it has a much smaller and lower resolution screen. Yet it still costs as much as the iPad. I don't consider that to be good value for money.

3. Arnold Lieberman
      Thumb Down

Still not worth the cost

£249 tops, but 6x the cost of a dodgy Chinese tablet? Simply not worth it.

4. James Hughes 1

Downvoted

Why?

How can an entirely factual post ever be voted down?

Oh, hold on, it's up against an Apple device. Ignore what I said....

Anyway, still too expensive - needs to be cheaper than the iPad, or people will chose the Apple, because, well, it's an Apple.

5. YoYO

Should also be

Half the price

3. Mark C Casey

Sverix...

Getting a bit confrontational there, nobody has even mentioned the iPad.. it's almost as if you were paid to post that...

As Anonymous said, £529.. no way.

4. Dave Bell

Oh dear, how to choose?

They're both out of my budget, but at least I know people who are using the iPad, and can tell me how it works in practice. And the bigger screen might matter a lot.

5. Mr Brush
    Jobs Halo

By Apple Logic

More Expensive = More Good

So this tablet MUST be better than the iPad.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coffee/keyboard

ROTFLMAO

WTF!

It isn't even one of the better Android tablets and a 7inch screen, it's really taking the P charging that much!

It should be less than half the price for a 7 inch screen.

Epic Fail.

1. AlexV

Which are the better tablets?

Got any links or names for better Android tablets? Serious question - I fully intend to buy a 7" tablet, and if there is something better than the Galaxy Tab around, please do point me in the right direction!

I'm not interested in something not quite as good but cheaper (Viewsonic), or not quite as good but bigger (iPad) - 7" is the size and more importantly weight-class I want, and I'm looking for the best, not the cheapest.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

7in joy

sorry, one of the big -ve for the iPad was its size. it is actually a little too big (and heavy!) for its purpose (IMHO). 7 inch is a better formfactor.

however, yes, there are plenty of cheap (80 quid to 160 quid) Android tablets on the market (look on amazon! wowser!) - yet, those ALL have cheap resistive screens...so no multitouch etc

in the end, its smaller (and in tesco words, 'every little helps') but, even with SD card and cameras, its just a little too much. 300-400 quid would probably make it a very tough temptation to avoid.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The price

It IS Tesco's online selling it after all which means its already overpriced.

9. Neal 5

re =ROTFLMAO

Missing the point entirely.

1058 Tesco club points is the equivalent of like, 49.8Bill pounds, the equivalent of the UK budget on education.

Now, to put it bluntly, I'm as thick as sh++, but I'm not fuck+++ stupid.

Bet the queues at Tesco's for this are longer than your penis, so what does that say about Tesco's or if I really cared, about the size of your penis.

10. tin 2
    FAIL

Although if it's also being sold for 1058 clubcard points....

.... then you get one free with every £50-ish quids worth of shopping! Bargain. (I know BTW)

11. Wang N Staines
    FAIL

At that price

I'll go running to jobs.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like