back to article From Cameron to Gazza, everyone loves Angry Birds

David Cameron is, it seems, a big fan of Angry Birds, which has also ensnared footballer Gazza, though we don't know if either of them has opted for the Eagle. The Prime Ministerial news was tweeted by Andy Payne, chairman of the UK Interactive Entertainment Association, though Number 10 has yet to confirm that virtual pig …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

"now that the Prime Minister is doing it, mobile gaming obviously isn't cool any more. "

This reminds me of a story I heard years ago.

A member of Steps (the dance pop band for kiddies) wore a Gap shirt on Top of the Pops.

The Gap released an immediate apology to customers and offered an unconditional refund to anyone returning the offending shirt.

Genius.

2. Caoilte

nah

Shouldn't he be playing Zynga's latest extension to the Farmville franchise, "toffs and oiks"?

3. cd

Senseless and tedious game

Anyone who likes it must have a head full of feathers.

4. Jimmy Floyd
    Heart

Nice

"Gazza, on the other hand, reportedly bought an iPad specifically in order to be able to play the game - which fits given that it will also run on an iPhone, an N900 or any other Symbian^3."

He he he he.....

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Suckered

Oh it's just some tale about a game on a toy computer.

I was expecting a story about certain people being keen on irate ladies.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Angry Birds...

Bugger that! I am off to play GTA IV on my PC..... Something you wont see Mr Cameron playing publicly - just think of the headlines lol

7. Real Name
    WTF?

Why is this news?

Oh, wait. It's not.

Did he expense the game though?

8. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

But why?

I tried the Android beta, and whilst it's good, it's not exactly new.

I remember playing Gorilla.bas on MS-DOS 5 or something like that. PS3 (and I believe PSP) has PAIN, which is infinitely better....

9. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Nah!

Has to be Fragger! Far more fun, especially when you bounce the grenades of the same bonce several times and the suspects go red and become very irate!

10. Matt Piechota
    FAIL

Birds

How can this title not be about some mobe-throwing model?

11. dave 93
    Coat

Its the touch interface, stupid!

free the mice ;-)

12. Sooty

lord knows

how much bigger a splash Worms would have made, if mobile phones* were around back then.

*well ok, technically they were around, but nothing even vaguely like a modern phone.

13. Ben Rosenthal

soooo

Gazza plays it, and you say it's a "puzzle game"?

Indeed.

14. Giles Jones Gold badge

Better than Blair

At least this PM can use a computer.

Blair was famously technophobic, probably why so many government websites were IE only to start with, no clue of how to implement web access for all. He just asked the most famous person in IT he could think of for help.

So obviously if you ask Bill Gates to come over and advise on web sites, obviously you're going to end up with Windows/IE only websites.

15. Valerion

Doesn't parse

"The Eagle is a new feature, by which players can pay extra for a free pass to the level,"

How can it be a free pass if you're paying for it?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like