back to article Oz 'Family First' candidate sacked for todger-flash email

A Sydney candidate for the Family First Party was sacked at the weekend after an email addressed to a number of student organisations' mailing lists, with attachments showing him apparently flashing his penis, popped up on gay websites and subsequently escaped into the wild. Andrew Quah, 21, has been dubbed "Australia's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chris Collins

Easy solution

Any easy solution to this would be to show the in situ knob to a reputable source and have them compare and contrast with the image. Or he could take a picture of his wiener and publish it on the internet with some sort of affadavit, "look, it's not mine, this is what mine looks like."

2. Ian K

Well, that's alright then...

So in his defence he's saying:

"But that's not my penis. Look, maybe somebody photoshopped it, and put another one on the photo."

..."It was a mistake that I would not have committed had I been of right mind."

Because not always being in your right mind's always a strong selling point for politicos, and the picture wouldn't have been a problem at all if only it had been his own todger he was waving at the mirror.

Riiiiight....

3. Paul C. Hartley
    Coat

Apparently...

Not a photo of a fine upstanding member then?

Coat/Door/Taxi

4. bob_blah
    Thumb Up

About time

Now all we need is for the rest of these suit-wearing PC-speaking fascists to fall on their swords and Australia will be back on the road to recovery.

5. Mike Moyle
    Coat

Could he sue the FFP for unfair dismissal...

...or doesn't he think the evidence would stand up in court...?

6. amanfromMars Silver badge

Flashman's Tales ......

I wonder if they could be right Royal defences too ... ""I might have been drunk off my face or my political enemies might have drugged me. But that's not my penis. Look, maybe somebody photoshopped it, and put another one on the photo. I can tell you, it's not me. I know these things. But really, I can't remember... All I know, I have been humiliated."

A short arm inspection, members of the jury, will quickly dismiss any lingering doubt.

"Ok, you 'orrible little man you, Come Clean now, Front and Centre, Presennnnnnnnt Arm."

7. Morely Dotes
    Mars

@ amanfromMars

Congratulations, Sir, on a perfectly comprehensible (and quite amusing) comment!

And may all the rest of the "family values" fascists, on whatever continent they may be found, commit a similar political Darwinistic faux pas before the next election.

8. Fozzy
    Paris Hilton

Excellant

Nothing like an election to start airing the dirty laundry. If only I could get a copy of reverend Fred Nile Iweb cache I could prove he is a regular vistor of NastyNuns.com. It would get rid of another annoying political member (pun intended).

Also could we enlist paris hilton to "corrupt" the rest of the politicians, except for the guy, or girl, that stands up and says "yep, we did it, want to see the video"

9. Joe K
    IT Angle

Good stuff

I don't care how IT this one is, i was in hysterics by "my enemies must have drugged me"

The James Bond Defence never works in the real world!

10. Brett
    IT Angle

and the IT link is.....

Family First is a political party run by evangelical christans. The have stated they want to censor the internet and other stupid things like that. According to them its filled with pervers who send pictures of their rude bits to unsuspecting kids. ooohh how ironic. Perhaps not ironic as they knew it to be true because they did it.

I'm tring to design a legal challange based on seperation of church and state. Unfortunatly my knowledge of the costitution is based on "its the gist, the vibe."

This party tells its parishners to vote for itself. Way to screw up democrocy guys! Oh and way to screw up IT!

11. Raheim Sherbedgia
    Thumb Up

Too Bad

that he got in trouble for this. I think it would add a lot of character and a much needed human element to politicians (and politics in general) if they sent around more of this stuff. You know like those glory days when men were men and weren't afraid to say suck my dick to the guy/girl that pissed them off.

12. Nazlfrag
    Happy

Karmic justice

Who would have thought right wing evangelical politicians could be hypocritical, offensive, drunk, drugged, stupid, illiterate, condescending, selectively forgetful and buck passing liars?

Then, to top it off, his party head consoles him to his face then as soon as his back is turned sinks in the knife.

If only they'd kept him on. That kid was prime minister material.

13. A Truman

Family First!

Where do you think families come from anyway?

14. bob_blah

@ brett

The Australian Constitution has no view on the separation between church and state. Only the independence of the federal judiciary is protected. You won't have much of a chance getting a party deregistered because it has religious affilition.

As for telling its parishoner's to go out and vote for Family First - that is democracy mate, the same way The Daily Telegraph tells its 'Parishoners' to go out and vote for the Liberals.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: bob_blah

Is The Daily Telegraph an Aussie paper as well as a UK one? That comment might seem strange to some of the UK readers on here. I also can't see Brett mounting much of a legal challenge, I know it's a comments section and so spelling is part and parcel of the posts, but the amount of bad spelling there almost made me cry..I'm not usually a spelling snob, but that really was cringeworthy.....

16. Michael Mounteney

Why was he sacked ?

His incomprehensible gibberish seems to me to be completely in line with the utterly random nonsense that comprises Family First `Policy'.

17. James
    Coat

@Mike Moyles

No need to worry whether or not it would stand up in front of a jury - this is the kind of case that's destined for the small claims court!

18. Chris Seiter
    Joke

Blame Game

He should have blamed it on the leprechauns... or maybe he was jealous of the leprechaun.

19. Tim Ireland
    Alert

Some details for you

The images in question appear to have been coaxed out of Quah a year or so ago in a baiting exercise after he p'ed off a couple of fellow university forum members. Details of the successful baiting - including these images - were apparently then shared in that forum. When it came to light that he was standing as a wowser about a year later... well, the rest is history, but it should be noted that a true Machiavellian would have released them closer to the election, thereby giving Families First less time to recover.

The blogger who has published the log of the baiting exchange (also a member of that same forum) has promised; "more photos of the disgraced Mr Quah that prove the validity of the third picture he is so desperately protesting."

And if you think things look bad for Mr Quah now...

The relevant chat log has not been confirmed as genuine at this stage, but they and the chatter from oldbies in the relevant forum seem to suggest that Quah was at the time under the impression that he was sending pictures of his penis to girls under the age of consent.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Weeeee

The honourable member of the aspiring member was probably not upstanding unlike the aspiring member who is always upright even when not upright. It is a distortion to purport his contortions as regards his manly portion were of a proportion to support the abortion of his consort'ion with the abortion abhoring consortium.

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why has no one called for the evidence

We need the pictures asap

22. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Liberal in Australia = Tory in Britain

The Liberal Party of Australia (along with their rural brethren, the National Party of Australia) is broadly equivalent to the British Conservative party.

And, just to ensure everyone is really confused, the word "liberal" (without the capital) retains its 'real' meaning - denoting a belief in personal freedom and a fair distribution of power and wealth within society.

This leads to the inclusion of the phrases "Small l liberal" and "Capital L Liberal" in the standard nomenclature of Australian politics.

This topic is closed for new posts.