back to article Yahoo! begins Bingification in North America

Later this week in the US and Canada, Yahoo! will begin moving its back-end search infrastructure to Microsoft's Bing platform. When using Yahoo! search, North American netizens will soon see a “Powered by Bing” logo at bottom of results pages. Last month, Yahoo! began some limited testing with Bingified search results, and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Henry Wertz 1 Gold badge

So what's left?

If Yahoo! doesn't have search (relabelling someone else's results really doesn't count), and are shutting down all these miscellaneous services, what is left? Do they have a low-profile gigantic ad network ala Google or what?

2. Lance 3

Bing

I wonder if enough people will binge bing.

3. Herby

Bing?

Bong!

If I wanted Microsoft, I would go there. I guess I will go to G now (*SIGH*). I really liked Y!'s home page, and G's page is kinda useless. I use the browser search thing, not the home page, so why bother!

1. Steve 114

Who, Steve?

Haven't used Microsoft Maps since they renamed it stupidly to honour Liz Hurley's not-quite-husband. It's a jealousy thing.

4. gav_taylor
    Unhappy

a sad day...

is a shame Yahoo! have decided to ruin there business by being "powered by bing", cant see how they will survive now? if people want to search bing they will goto bing.com.

I can see people leaving in droves... soon after that the advertises will follow and then Yahoo will fail and will eventually become Ya-who?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Bing goes my careface

See title. I suppose sneaking it in (settle down) is one way to get people using it, since most won't do so though choice.. Kinda like the way WInmo will have at least 70k users, because uncy Fester is going to give free handsets to all employees...

6. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Daniel B.

Naming Fail

I don't hate Bing because it's MS, I hate Bing because the name sounds stupid. Bing only reminds me of either a local ice-cream franchise, or Bing Crosby. Oh well, at least it sounds much better than 'LIVE SEARCH'...

7. Robert Moore
    Linux

Bing = useless

I was setting up a new laptop, and wanted to download Microsoft Security Essentials. It was a new laptop so the only browser installed was IE which defaulted to Bing for search. I figured why not, it is their software, and typed "Microsoft Security Essentials" into the text entry field, and hit Enter.

To my surprise there was not a single link to the software I wanted to download on the first page.

I jumped over to google.com, and the same search gave me a Microsoft page with a download link as the first search result.

8. Bucky 2
    Pint

Your love live's D-O-A

Isn't "Bingification" what Chandler did to Monica on "Friends?"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like