back to article Sign up for our virtualization e-Symposium or we'll kill a puppy

It may have escaped your notice that El Reg's US editor Ashlee "Blade" Vance will on 6 November be hosting what our Strategy Boutique has dubbed an "e-Symposium" on virtualization, in association with VMware and Intel. Yes, we know what you're thinking - bloody Web 2.0 webinar, I remember when it was all fields round here and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dion R
    Boffin

Ahh lester, go on, kill that dog

Then ya can feed it to the blokes over at namibia, a feed of healthy pup might fix em up.

2. Brian
    Boffin

What sort of puppy?

Hmmmm, what sort of puppy? a terminally ill dog that is about to die? one that is a sick puppy? one that was abused mistreated and on 'death row' anyways? one with rabies?

*shrugs*, I'll signup anyways, its actually a decent reason to skip a lecture... hmmmm, half tempted to let my lecturer know, but he might actually get our lecture group to sign up and then mark us on it...

3. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

Northern Namibia?

Think of the Food Miles! Put the bloody thing in a sack with a couple of bricks and drop it in the nearest river.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Great timing El-Reg

Holy Hannah - you lot call yourselves a UK focused news outlet - the timings for this e-Thingummywotsit are frankly ridiculous. If you think I'm staying chained to my bleedin' desk until after 8pm just to listen to a bunch of Yanks waffle on about some stuff that I've been using for a few years already then you've got to go and see your collective doctor - he needs to increase the dose of your medication!!!

5. Andy Worth

Nintendog?

Now is this a real puppy or a virtual one?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

I rather you killed a puppy

than speak such marketing bollox, "e-symposium" my arse !

7. Sceptical Bastard

Following the flock

I'm with my compadres above, Lester - the baby dog dies.

Baaaaaa

8. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

Kill it!

And while you're at it, toss in a small herd of cats please.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Is Michael Vick Involved with this?

I'd think so, but he's already in the dog-house..

10. David Harper

Will e-coffee be provided?

Also e-biscuits. The fancy e-chocolate ones, mind. Not your nasty cheap "family value pack" rubbish.

I only go to seminars that offer free coffee and biscuits. I usually find that I need the caffeine to stay awake beyond the first five minutes of waffle.

11. Big_Boomer Silver badge
    Gates Horns

Anyone for Puppy curry?

I'm sorry Puppy but I would rather shoot my cat than suffer through anything that calls itself an "e-symposium".

In fact, anything that starts with an e- or an i- is an INSTANT turnoff for me these days.

Now it if was a d-symposium on the premature termination of marketing personnel (d- for DEATH!) then I'd be on board like a shot.

I'd even bring my own Chainsaw! <LOL>

12. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

UK version...?

> "The program looks promising."

This is supposed to be the UK version of El Reg, yes? Then why are we suffering from American English spellings!?

Especially when the link location itself (http://www.theregister.e-symposium.com/programme.php) gives the article's author plenty of help spelling such a troublesome word - with all those tricky "m"s!

13. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

UK

Damn right guys - all that's wrong with the Reg is the American stuff - the Atlantic ain't wide enough.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

I'd consider signing up...

...but I'm on holiday! Naff off!

This topic is closed for new posts.