back to article A hosted 'Web 2.0' requirements management experience

I make no secret of the fact that I think requirements management and analysis are just about the most important parts of the development process. If you understand the business requirements, producing a system that can be shown to satisfy them (or miss some out) is comparatively trivial. In fact, it’s programmable – the process …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David Mantripp

How much kickback ??

Web 2.0 ??? It's got a bit of Ajax layered on top of the usual half-baked jargon ridden bollox, with an "Enterprise Level Marketing" web site to match, featuring standard cut'n'paste photos of some slim blonde bint we're supposed to believe is in some way representative of Requirements Management ???

Give me a break. Get Orlowski to give you a few hints on bullshit detection.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What ??

This COntour website looks like a dodgy russian website template..

I am sick of website with a catchy line about the universe, let's get real. Tell me about your business instead of "making my life better with web 2.0" I don't know what your service is !!! Dude

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A follow up

A follow up on the Web 2.0 aspect of Contour…

One of our early requirements when building Contour was related to usability. We needed an interface that combined the benefits of a desktop application (immediate response to user actions) but could also be delivered in a web browser. So for Contour it wasn’t about sticking a Web 2.0 label on an application – it was about solving a problem.

Now with all the Web 2.0 hype, it’s hard to figure out how to label our application. “Web-based” in the requirements space makes me think of a bolted on HTML form to a legacy tool, so Web 2.0 seems appropriate – though not perfect. Contour was built using Ajax frameworks from the ground up – not just a bit on the front end. It’s based on a flexible, open architecture and uses widely adopted standards.

Regardless of the labels, we’re trying to create a tool that helps project teams (like ourselves) manage requirements without getting in the way.

Granted, our UK partner’s website was put together quickly – but I hope you look past that, stock photos and all :)

Eric Winquist

Jama Software

www.jamasoftware.com

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hosted Requirements tool Gatherspace

You should check out an already existing tool that is far less expensive and has been on the market longer than Countour.

Gatherspace.com is very simple to use and the price is just right. We tried ReqPro and looked into Countour but it's not really an entry-level system.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Come on...

The post about G-space sounds like someone pretending to be a user promoting their own product. Disappointing if true.

There are many vendors of RM tools which is a good thing – no one product is right for everyone. If your products are a good fit for customers, they’ll find you.

This topic is closed for new posts.